Next Generation Ministries
Kids & Youth
Next Generation Ministries strives to to create a space at Geneva Presbyterian where all people know they are a beloved member of God’s family by creating opportunities for community building, faith formation, and inclusive worship.
- Bridges to Worship (Sunday School)
- Held during our 10:30 worship service for 3 years old – 5th Grade. Halfway through the service, we head down to a classroom together to learn some basic bible stories through videos, reading, a craft and/or game!
- The first half of the service we spend in our newly renovated “kids area” in the sanctuary- complete with bean bag chairs, legos, playdough and coloring sheets.
- Food for the Soul
- A few times throughout the year, we meet on Tuesday evenings for a meal, short bible lesson, and games.
- Joyful Noise Service
- A sensory service made with the needs of neurodivergent kids in mind, this worship service is a great opportunity for all kids to explore bible stories in an environment that encourages wiggles and joyful noises.
- This service is held from 9-9:30 on the second Sunday of the month.
- Community Wide Events
- Once a quarter we host events that we invite the community to share in! In the past, these have included a Back to School Concert, Trunk N’ Treat, Vacation Bible School and Environmental Day.
- Neurodivergent Ministries
- Check out our Disability Ministries page for information on our playdates and Joyful Noise service!
- Youth Winter Retreat
- Partnering with several other Presbyterian churches, we attend a January retreat with snowboarding/skiing, snow tubing, and faith conversations.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, email Next Gen. Director Cali Bronkema at: firstname.lastname@example.org